Saturday, April 20, 2013

TR7 Sprint heater hose

TR7 Sprint heater hose

My TR7 Sprint has its heater attached to the engine via some custom plumbing. Here is a picture of the hoses that link the pipes thru the bulkhead to the custom pipe work. Do these look like the normal heater hoses? Are they available separately? I wonder how much are they?

I have tried using lengths of straight rubber but that does not work as the ends to be linked are not inline and there is it not enough room to use a curved straight piece, so I need a hose that is curved as shown in the photo.

They connect to the steel heater pipes that come throu the bulkhead at one end. At the other end having passed to the inlet manifold side of the engine they connect to more metal pipework that in turn connects to the manifold etc. Here are some more pictures to show the detail.







I suppose I may end having to fit a Sprint adapter plate. I want the car back on the road so have refitted the old hoses for now.

Here is a picture of a Dolomite Sprint engine (thanks Beans http://tr7beans.blogspot.co.uk/) Seems this the basis of the heating plumbing on my engine.

Triumph Dolomite Sprint engine - showing heater hoses etc
Triumph Dolomite Sprint engine - showing heater hoses etc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments with your name and email address. Generally I do not publish anonymous comments and cannot reply if you do not give me a clue as to who you are!

Thanks very much for your comment.