Saturday, September 10, 2016

Cranmore Bros, Birmingham - Triumph Car Dealers 23A

Cranmore Bros, 467 Hagley Road - Standard Triumph car dealer
Located at 467 Hagley Road, Birmingham Cranmore Bros at the time of this photo (from the Geoff Thompson archive) in November 1956 were dealers for Austin, Morris, Rover, Standard, Triumph, Vauxhall and Wolseley cars. They also had premises at 4 Anderson Road, Edgbaston from where they are listed as selling Land Rover products in April 1950.

They are listed in my 1955 Triumph car dealer directory but not in 1959 so must have lost the Standard Triumph franchise sometime after 1956 when the photo above was taken.  I understand that a Majestic Wine Warehouse was built on this site between Bearwood Road and Barnsley Road. The pub in the distance is the New Talbot.

Plea for information

If you have any more information or recollections about this garage, photos of window stickers, dealer badges or sill plates etc please let me know.  I can be contacted via the comments to this post or on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/stephen.weblin

Further information and sources

Link to my earler article about the All Electric Garage 

Link to my post about P J Evans Ltd

Link to the other articles in this series.

Link to facebook page: Triumph Car Dealers.

Link to my Triumph Car Dealers Flickr group .

I have a collection of Standard Triumph car dealer directories: http://vitessesteve.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/triumph-car-dealer-directories.html

Picture credits: The Geoff Thompson archive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments with your name and email address. Generally I do not publish anonymous comments and cannot reply if you do not give me a clue as to who you are!

Thanks very much for your comment.