Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Macdonalds (West Derby) Garage Ltd - Triumph Car Dealers 30C

Macdonald's (West Derby) Garage Ltd are the subject of this short article another in my series about Triumph car dealers in the Liverpool area.

Macdonalds (West Derby) Garage Ltd 1975
Macdonalds (West Derby) Garage Ltd 1975
View of the garage on Eaton Road, Liverpool, L12 9JJ.
Site of Macdonalds (West Derby) Garage in 2014
Site of Macdonalds (West Derby) Garage in 2014

A company called Macdonald's (West Derby) Garage Limited still exists. They started 03 Feb 1966. I think the firm is now acting as the landlord of the premises.

As of April 1995 there were 2 directors named V R McDonald and J G McDonald.

I can see from dealer directories that the firm were first listed in 1965 when known as Macdonalds (West Derby) Garage were listed again in September 1968, March 1970, March 1972 and March 1974 as Macdonalds (West Derby) Garage Limited.

The building was later used by Link Motor Factors as can be witnessed by the ghost sign that on the wall in 2014.

Triumph dealers in Liverpool

The names and address details of Standard Triumph car dealers based in the city of Liverpool as listed in the various directories I have in my collection are shown in my post about C A Britten & Co (Liverpool) Ltd.

Plea for more information

If you have any more information or recollections about any of the Standard Triumph dealers in and around Liverpool including Macdonalds (West Derby) Garage Ltd please get in touch. I would like to see photos of window stickers, dealer badges or sill plates etc. I can be contacted via the comments to this post or on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/stephen.weblin

Further information and sources

Link to post about C A Britten & Co (Liverpool) Ltd

Link to post about J B Hepburn Ltd

Link to the other articles in this series.

Link to my Triumph Car Dealers Flickr group .

I have a collection of Standard Triumph car dealer directories: http://vitessesteve.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/triumph-car-dealer-directories.html

Picture credits: Macdonalds (West Derby) Garage Ltd 1975 posted to facebook by Vic Vinten;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments with your name and email address. Generally I do not publish anonymous comments and cannot reply if you do not give me a clue as to who you are!

Thanks very much for your comment.