Saturday, January 27, 2007

Steering linkage removal

Got the linkage to let go of the rack no problem, but getting it off the lower column is proving more difficult. The linkage had been painted over with black underseal so the first job was getting that off so I could get at the bolts.

Lots of WD40 and nut splitter have got the other bolt out of the top of the linkage. I can not get the thing off the column so will have to resort to completely dismantling the steering tomorrow. Hopefully if I get the lower column clear of the car I can attack it better on the work bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments with your name and email address. Generally I do not publish anonymous comments and cannot reply if you do not give me a clue as to who you are!

Thanks very much for your comment.