Thursday, May 25, 2006

A visit to Karl at KDTriumph

On my way home from a meeting at the National Motor Cycle Museum I called in on Karl. http://www.kdtriumph.com

Over a welcome cup of coffee we discussed things Triumphs. The conversation touched on club politics, racing and a favourite subject of mine fitting a 2.5PI engine into my Vitesse. Karl recommended I give careful consideration to the fueling.

I have heard that if using the standard petrol tank that I will need to leave it at least 1/4 full if not 1/2 full. I need a swirl pot. Having to fill up at half empty would cut the range to 100 miles between petrol stations. A 2.5PI saloon or TR5/6 tank would have a built in swirl pot. Now I will have find one to do a test fit.

Seeing the racing GT6 lurking at the back of the workshop gave me an opportunity to see just how much damage it sustained.

Karl also agreed to get some dashboard trims items blasted clean and blackened for me. When fitted they will improve the look of the dash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments with your name and email address. Generally I do not publish anonymous comments and cannot reply if you do not give me a clue as to who you are!

Thanks very much for your comment.